Brady’s Lake was built for the ice industry in the early 1890s. Ice harvesting continued and was profitable into the 1930s, until the use of electricity and refrigeration became widespread. The area was later acquired by the federal government and became part of the Tobyhanna Military Reservation. The Fish and Game Commission acquired Brady’s Lake in 1949; the lake is located within State Game Lands 127. Interesting features: Quiet, peaceful lake (electric motors only); old railroad grade. Surface: Rocky woods road, railroad grade.